Thursday, November 10, 2005

Doggy Martha Ponchos

Doggy Martha PonchosOh my! Someone please call PETA! This has to qualify as unethical treatment of an animal!

If I was walking down the street and saw someone with a dog with a Martha poncho on them, I'd seriously have to think about shooting the owner...why, why, why would you submit your animal to such distress?

I won't even touch on the hideous colours chosen for these dogs or the red bow but when you first look at the picture, you really have to wonder just what the h*ll you are looking at! Do you think these dogs could walk while wearing these? I can see the dog's paws catching in the poncho so easily and then we'd have doggy pile-up! That would have to qualify as cruel for sure!

The proliferation of the Martha poncho is incessant...how can you put it on a dog? What's next? A gerbil? A hamster? A cow? A horse? Come on!! This one really takes the cake!

14 comments:

  1. I really wouldn't worry about them tripping too much. Those dogs look like the taxidermist already got to them, and a stuffed dog can't argue about wearing a poncho. Because even the stupidest dog, if alive, would most certainly bite the hand that ponchoed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hideous . . . yes.  Perfect as a Christmas gift for my father's awful new wife and her awful yippy dog . . . absolutely. I may even use fun fur! Thanks for the inspiration.  ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A poncho for a cow. hmmm.... I thought that's what the very first Martha ponch was for-herself! OOOOOHHHHHH I'm soooo mean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the colours that are the main problem. I mean, the dog on the left is CLEARLY an autumn, and the dog on the right needs something to slim down his hips and draw attention towards his shoulders, which are definitely his best feature..

    ReplyDelete
  5. there are two types of stupid people - those who dress their dogs up and those who craft pointless and ugly stuff and are then really proud of it. we may have a breakthrough people! the genes have merged and a monster is created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, I have seen this crocheted for a pet rat. The poor thing looked quite ashamed wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it must have been ugly if the rat was ashamed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only time I can see any justification for putting clothing on a pet is if the pet was already lacking fur. Otherwise, putting any such garment on them is just sadistic! After all, they only way they wouldn't overheat is if you live in Point Barrow, Alaska. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, please people, they are adorable. I cannot believe anyone would be B....ching about something so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go girl, Sydney! They are adorable. Dogs like to be warm, too!@

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a chihuahua and she gets cold easily, but theres no way in a firey hell I'd put her in that. She'd naw off my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHA.. Oh my gosh.. I just found your website and I adore you. I've hated the dog poncho myself ever since it came out.. being someone who can actually make dog sweaters, I'm insulted...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to see whoever made those things try to get one on my ridgeback, "Scooby"...Heh heh...now there would be some entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. another edition to the "Fug for your Pug" category....

    sheesh louise.... don't know who comes up with this stuff!

    ReplyDelete