Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Green Monster Dress

All I can say about this thing is "ewwww, gross". The ad reads in such a way that it surely will entice any woman:

Hips stretch 32" to 40"

Green Monster DressI don't know about you but I seriously love any clothing article that stretches a good 8 inches around my hips. The bust, however, is 32" without any stretch so hey, no room for growth there but no problem, my hips tend to grow without my chest growing anyways...makes total sense...NOT!

I am not even going to "go there" on the model's stance for this dress...it's bordering on crude and is she standing that way to make sure it doesn't slip off? I mean, really, it has so much "give" in the hips, how does it stay on?

You like it? Great, go buy it for $160 US - metallic purple fringe sure is a girl's best friend!

18 comments:

  1. All it needs is a matching snake hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is just plain wrong in so many ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where can i purchase that........

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a saying in the mail-order shopping world about not buying anything that makes an anorexic model look fat. This dress makes her body look huge. It would make my huge body look massive. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is that thing made out of? Cut up strips of garbage bag?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put an escaped mental-health facility patient on a bad acid trip and unleash them in a Hobby Lobby during the huge yarn clearance sale, and this is the tragedy that follows. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg! She killed Oscar the Grouch and skinned him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. IMHO, seabree, calling these comments "mean" is just as much of an opinion as saying these creations are "ugly". What's the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, well yes you are absolutely right, it is exactly the same, whatever was I thinking? apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm.. this looks right up J.Lo's ally....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just making sure....it wasn't a typo, it was one six oh...not sixTEEN?

    Allllrighty Then! I think it's THE most beautiful thing I've seen!
    Um...where's the site, I'm certain they'd welcome another designer of
    similar ...er ..eh...sensibilities!

    Maybe a hula hoop sewn in that hip section would enable her to
    stop standing like that, and actually WALK, if there were somewhere
    to GO dressed like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is wrong on so many levels wow

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought it kinda looked like plastic raffia crocheted into a disaster. I wish I could sell croched hell for that much money.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOO MMM GGG AAARRGGG!! i think three fashion designers just died becuase of that... they would be turneing in their graves!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hideous. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now, Now,... it's designed for those, whose knees haven't met in years. Definately not for me or my mother or grandma. HA! HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. I have never seen anything so hideous in my entire life! I feel ill. I think I need to go lay down in a dark room and try to cleanse the image from my mind.

    ReplyDelete